All dental care professionals, including dental nurses, require indemnity insurance as part of their General Dental Council registration. Dental nurses play a vital supporting role in the patient’s clinical journey and unfortunately things can sometimes go wrong, so it’s important to make sure you’ve got the right cover in place should you ever need it.
It can be challenging to find a reputable specialist indemnity provider that can offer cover at an affordable price.
Here’s how to make sure you’re choosing the right policy, and what is included.
Choosing the right indemnity cover
It can be a minefield choosing the right cover. Do you use your employer’s existing indemnity insurance, or take out your own personal insurance? Making the right choice is crucial to how quickly and satisfactorily a claim can be resolved. Things to consider when looking at cover:
1. Traditional Defence Organisations vs insurers
- Discretionary cover – the policy is not covered by a contract so your claim could be denied.
- Contractual cover – you benefit from FCA protection.
2. Occurrence based vs claims made cover
- Occurrence based – you are covered for a claim as long as you had a valid policy at the time the incident took place.
- Claims made – policies need to be valid at the time when you became aware of a claim against you.
3. Compare policy cover
- Ensure your policy includes (and doesn’t exclude) what you personally need.
- Don’t duplicate cover, check that your policy does not cover you for things that you have under an alternative insurance.
4. Identify additional benefits
Some additional benefits will actually make your life easier such as:
- Specialist support of qualified dento-legal advisors who are currently practising dentists so will have an in-depth knowledge of your industry.
- Interest free 12-month instalments with no excess to pay.
- Cover for breach of professional confidentiality.
- Good Samaritan cover.
5. Seek specialist advice
- Work with a specialist broker who understands your profession to help find you the right policy at the right price.
What does nurses indemnity cover include?
Dental nurse indemnity insurance provides malpractice cover on a contractual, claims occurrence basis.
Key benefits of All Med Pro cover include:
- Indemnity cover up to a limit of £1m to £5m as standard
- Specialist insurance
- Dedicated qualified dento-legal advisors
- Option to cover all duties as a dental nurse
- Option for free retroactive cover
- Personal insurance certificate for proof of cover
Why choose All Med Pro
Our Dental Indemnity insurance cover has been developed to meet the changing needs of dental professionals and reflects the dental industry of today. Our policies are claims occurrence based and provide contractual cover, alongside being approved for GDC registration and revalidation.
Find out more about our dental nurse indemnity insurance
Contact our specialist brokers at All Med Pro. Our vast experience enables us to help you find the most suitable policy for you, giving you peace of mind that your reputation remains protected should you need to make a claim. If you have any queries then please contact us, with our outstanding customer service we’ll go the extra mile for you.